Monday, October 18, 2021

Contemplation

I'm asking you to contemplate
The meaning of the stars,
The placement of the planets, fate,
How Venus seduced Mars.

And I will contemplate your eyes,
The beauty of the turns
Of galaxies and fern, your sighs
That make sure my blood burns.

And we will contemplate the birds
That sing their mourning song,
And all the phrases and the words
That make us both belong.

And they will contemplate the two
Who sit upon the hill:
The moon, her mate, the sun, who do
For each the other's will.

The earth, well, it will contemplate
The life that makes it live--
The animals, the plants debate
The love that we must give. 

And you will contemplate, I ask,
These words I sing, the song
Declaring death won't deal its task--
This, love, will right that wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all constructive comments.