Monday, December 27, 2021

The Blemish

Beside you I lie and lean on my right arm--
My left hand massages the bare skin, so warm,
Of your back, until I notice a small charm
Of dark color there.

Did you know a mole is on your back, my dear?
It sits right where tail-bone meets the back, right here
Where you feel my finger--one place that's not clear,
So small, dark, and rare.

"What does it look like? Is it wrinkled and strange?
I can't see it--I'm afraid it's out of range
Of my field of sight. Will it grow? Will it change?
Does it have a hair?

"I'm glad you can't see it--that makes it all mine.
A small part of you alone--I'm sure it's benign--
That you can't see, but through me--a point, a line
To your everywhere.

"Rub my back some more and leave my moles alone.
And while usually I do not dare condone
My parts claimed, I'll let you have the mole I own,
To keep us a pair.

Beside you I like and lean on my left arm--
My right hand massages the the smooth skin, so warm,
Of your back, enjoying the sight of your charm
Of dark color there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all constructive comments.