Monday, January 17, 2022

Rebirth

The man I was, the child I've become
Are separated by the gulf of Hell--
A sea-voyage past terrible islands,
Into storm-tosses seas of chaos--without
The benefit of the taste of Lethe.
Surrounded by black flames and spirits I
Wrestled with the Devil until I won
The right to sail from the storm and away
From the beautiful islands of joy--bliss
Blew in from the west to carry me, cold, 
Up to the rising sun creating new 
Horizons of rosy-red, orange, and gold 
Spread across the sea--evening's rainbow sea
Shining smooth in front of me in blue miles.
Nothing can be the same for me from now.
I have returned to these stone shores, reborn,
A child once again, I'm living wonder--
A child returned from graves of living men--
A child with eyes that learned to understand
In ways the man I was could never do,
Blinded by my dark, preconcepted world.
Now, I see the world I thought I knew--dark
Is light. I return to these shores, reborn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all constructive comments.