Monday, July 4, 2022

The Key to the Temple

Do you what to know how I worship?
This is how I worship--
This, here, what you read, with words, words
With rhythms, words making meaning through metaphor--
Connecting time up and down, up and down
The same, a circle, but not a circle, too simple.
I worship the word--In the beginning was the Word--
I worship the most human in man, the word, the logos--
In the beginning was the Logos.
in the beginning of man was the thing that made man--man--
I worship  the thing that makes the rocks sing--
I worship the creator--
The Word that is with God--
The Word that was--and is--God--
Words in natural rhythms--the rhythms of nature--
Words winding around my mind--
Words a west wind carrying pregnant clouds on the horizon--
I am pregnant with the word--
The words flow out and through me--
The words that sing and dance and make me--me!--
I am my words--the best part of me plays upon the page--
What is left of me will be my words--when I go
Only words will be left--
The Word that is in my is the Word on the page--
The best of all words, the best of all worlds--
I have learned to become the best part of me--
I have learned to be and become--me!--
Here is what I worship--the Word--the word
Is what I worship--words in rhythms--
Skipping across the page
Like stones skipping across a shallow pond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all constructive comments.