Monday, June 18, 2018

A Prophesy from the Holy Spirit

Veni creator spiritus
Yes, Holy Spirit, come
Without You I will have no words
Without You I am dumb

The world's unveiled when you arrive
The shadows slip away
The stones begin to dance and sing
And interact in play

The rocks enring me, spread and loop
To almost-living shapes
Yes, living things and thought itself
Are atom-pattern apes

The holy world's revealed to me
And you, if you'll but look
If you can't see it it's because
God's love you once forsook

God offers everyone a gift
But he won't beg or plea
Some gifts are simple, full of ease
But mine's of prophesy

And prophesy's the land of truth
You think our lives are worse
But we're protected by the gift
Of telling truth in verse

But like Cassandra whose each word
Was true but all thought lies
I tell you this, but each of you
My prophesy denies

So do not listen carefully
These words I wrote won't matter
The world of misanthropists soon
Will dissipate and scatter

For hating humans brings on hate
Of God and love and joy
And those who love mere power fate
Will fool and then destroy

For envy is the evil loved
By those who hate mankind
Resentment is the killer who
The haters love to find

Deny the men who love to rule
Embrace what nature gives
For that's God's order--paradox
Is why the cosmos lives

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all constructive comments.