Monday, April 1, 2019

Naivete


We think we’re on fire
And preach to the choir
Give in to desire
But there’s none we inspire
And none who would hire
A liar denier
They’re stuck in the mire
And light every pyre
Cause they believe every liar
And that’s why I tire
Of trying to sire
A world where my life
Is nevermore rife
With anger and strife
I’ll cut with a knife
The ones that my wife
Say stand on her neck
The scum and the dreck
Who think that their beck
And call is a check
To pay for the wreck
They made of society
They don’t see reality
The weight of the gravity
Built by depravity
Made by the hand we
Love to be petted by
As we try to deny
The leash that holds us all by
The neck so we cannot fly
We’re merely just getting by
No matter how hard we try
But we will not dare defy
Our masters who will reply
With guns and then we will cry
As we and our children die

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all constructive comments.