Monday, January 9, 2012

Jewels in Sunlight

I happened once upon a pool
Deep, deep within an open wood –
I knelt to feel the water’s cool –
My eyes caught shining in the light
Transparent movement, ever slight. 

 Looking closer, I strained my sight
To see some shrimp whose movements could
Be falsely taken for sunlight.
A pair were dancing cheek-to-cheek –
They’d found the one they’re meant to seek. 

Wisping gracefully round and round,
Each knows they’re with the one they should –
They’re happy with the one they found.
Embracing closely in a kiss –
Each had the one that they would miss. 

 I stood at last and looked around.
The warmth within my heart was good,
What better prize could I have found
As having witnessed such a jewel
As love affairs within a pool?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all constructive comments.