Sunday, April 22, 2012

Emotional Energy

I think I want to join the flow of you,
The Mississippi brings together land
And streams across America, the true
Of science helping us to understand.

I think I want to join the flow, I should
Join with the Nile, white and blue to one,
To drain east Africa, and thus the good
Of virtue, bright as the Sahara sun.

 I think I want to join the flow, my duty
Is with the Amazon which wider grows
Though South America and bringing beauty
Throughout the world as every rhythm shows.

I think I want to join the flow that made
The Yangtze from its wondrous gorges live
In China, bring prosperity in trade,
And understand the wealth that it can give.

I think I want to join the flow of joy
The Danube brings as its blue waters shine
Across east Europe. I want to employ
The sacrifice that brings us the divine.

I know I want to join these flows, but each
Is not enough for me. I must be free
To bring all flows within my ocean reach
And view the world in its complexity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all constructive comments.