Monday, December 5, 2016

Creating Time

Do you hear that? The midnight nothing sounds
That let my mind mull magic into word
And phrase and line until the structure bounds --
Three calls emerge from the wood cuckoo bird.

The spirits speak at hours such as these
When I'm awake -- in sunlight I'm asleep,
But who will let my soul have its release?
The tick-tock of their time is but a creep.

The wind is cool, the stars in patterns light
The pathways of neural wanderings,
Where words awaken souls with warm delight
To break the wooden meanings into songs.

And with a cuckoo call the clouds depart --
The night enfolds me with its welcome heart.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Troy,
    I liked this poem, so just for fun I mulled out what I thought were your best and worst lines:

    Three best lines:
    1. That let my mind mull magic into word
    2. The tick-tock of their time is but a creep.
    3. To break the wooden meanings into songs.

    Three worst (cliches):
    1, But who will let my soul have its release?
    2. souls with warm delight
    3. The night enfolds me with its welcome heart.

    Regards,
    Mark Watney

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all constructive comments.