Thursday, November 3, 2011

Waiting

To learn this poem’s meaning you
Will have to wait awhile first.


I see that Wheel of Fortune’s on.
You have to fill these papers out.

Your turn will come and if you’re not
Available you’ll lose your turn.

The sun no longer glistens off
The pane or casts the building’s shade.

The news is on. An accident
Takes up the news. I sigh in thanks.

The other hospital in town
Is filling with moans, screams, and blood.

It’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
I love his Headlines bit. I’m tired.

I really have to pee. I have
To pee. I cannot lose my place.

I read this page. Is it twice?
Or thrice? My wife hates the word thrice.

Was that my name? One just the same?
My dizziness, it has returned.

How many lamps are there? I think
There’s twice as many in here now.

I hope they didn’t call. My crotch
Is demonstrating I’ve been dreaming.

The sun is shards of glass in my
Green eyes. The early morning news.

What am I doing on the floor?
the sun left since I tried to stand.

I love you, darling. I hope you
Had known. I hope you’d known. I love . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all constructive comments.